Kindergarten insights: How to help your child learn to be a student
December 15 2014
Kindergarten is an important transition time and Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies provides children with an environment that fosters growth, development and learning, while engaging all the senses. If you want to know how you can support for kindergarten and how to help your child adjust to a different learning environment, here are a few helpful tips to follow:
● Get to know your child’s teachers. This will help you understand their teaching style and what your child is expected to learn. This also gives you the opportunity to ask how you can provide additional support at home.
● Keep lines of communication open with your child’s teachers. By having on-going communication, you can find out if there are any areas of learning in which your child is struggling, and then, you will be able to provide additional help to your child at home.
● Help your child with homework. Explain that completing homework in a timely manner is an important part of being a student. Helping with homework will also keep you informed about what your child is learning.
● Get a copy of your child’s test schedule and help with test preparation. Supporting your child in test preparation is a good way to show that studying for tests is important.
● Have a positive attitude towards education. Kindergarteners pick up many attitudes and signals from their parents, so if you are positive about education and school, in general, it may help your child feel positive about it, as well.
If you would like more information about Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies, or if you have any questions about our private and certified kindergarten programs, contact us today. Experience first hand why so many parents and children love our Learning Academies. We look forward to hearing from you.
About Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies ®
Headquartered in the North Atlanta suburb of Duluth, GA, Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies® provide a secure, nurturing, and educational environment for children (ages 6 weeks - 12 years) to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. With nearly 160 locations in 14 states, Kids 'R' Kids International® is a family owned and operated organization that ranks in the top 10 nationwide for franchised early childhood education centers (www.kidsrkids.com).