Our child care center’s guide to early childhood developmental milestones
December 01 2014
Early childhood is an exciting time and Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies has put together a helpful guide for you to follow as you glean in watching your child learn and grow. If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s development, we recommend consulting your pediatrician, who can also provide you with information about early childhood developmental milestones.
● 2 months – Smiles at the sound of your voice, and follows you with his eyes as you move.
● 3 months – Smiles at people, grabs objects, and also raises chest and head when lying on his stomach.
● 4 months – Holds his head steady, and starts to imitate the sounds he hears.
● 6 months – Moves items from one hand to the other, and rolls from back to stomach, and stomach to back.
● 7 months – Responds to the sound of his name.
● 9 months – Begins to sound out words, and begins to crawl and sit.
● 12 months – Starts to walk with support, and begins to speak.
● 18 months – Walks without support, holds and drinks from a cup, and speaks a variety of words.
● 2 years – Follows basic directions, jumps and runs, and speaks in short sentences.
● 3 years – Talks in multi-word sentences, begins climbing, and arranges objects by color and shape.
● 4 years – Rides a tricycle, draws shapes such as squares and circles, and socializes with people outside the family.
● 5 years – Puts on clothes independently, jumps and skips, and counts more than ten items.
It is important to remember that these are general guidelines and that every child develops at an individual pace. At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies, we provide each child with learning experiences that encourage growth and exploration, while engaging all of the five senses.
If you would like more information about our child care centers, contact us today. Experience first hand why parents choose us and why children love coming to Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies. We look forward to hearing from you.
About Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies ®
Headquartered in the North Atlanta suburb of Duluth, GA, Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies® provide a secure, nurturing, and educational environment for children (ages 6 weeks - 12 years) to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. With nearly 160 locations in 14 states, Kids 'R' Kids International® is a family owned and operated organization that ranks in the top 10 nationwide for franchised early childhood education centers (www.kidsrkids.com).